Copy, paste and print. Keep this sheet handy as a reference.
- Essential oil spray for the yard. Many pest control companies provide this service.
- Wear light colored clothing.
- Treat pets with tick collars.
- Keep yard clean. Ticks
- Bug spray when you go out. Re-apply herbals every hour. Lemon grass and geranium have best evidence for efficacy.
- Tick check frequently and when your return inside.
- Family body-check at night. Ticks travel up until they can’t any more. Common sites include waistband, groin, belly button, neck, hair line, ears.
- Boost immune system with healthy eating, and supplementation.
What to do if you get a tick bite
- Don’t panic.
- Remove tick and place in a plastic bag with date.
- Clean site with soap and water.
- Apply clove oil or herbal tincture to the site until irritation is gone.
- ID tick. If it is a dog tick then no worries. If it is a deer tick or you are unsure then you can send it to a lab for testing.
- Tick ID site: www.tickencounter.org
- $50 Tick Report-(3 day turn around) www.tickreport.com
- Free-Bay area Tick Alliance- 3 months turn around.
- Watch for fever, fussiness, rash of any kind, fatigue, joint or muscle pain or other changes in behavior for up to 6 weeks.
Prophylactic / Acute Lyme Natural Treatment Protocol
- Contact your local practitioner if you have questions
- Nano Colloidal Silver @ 1/2 – 1 t. / 1-2x / day
- Acute Lyme tincture (made by Accord Acupuncture) or something similar @ 1/2 – 1 tsp. / 1-2x / day
- Thunder or Lightning Pearls @ up to 3 capsules / 2x / day
What To Know About Lab Work
- Testing for acute Lyme is only helpful 6 weeks following a bite;
- Request / demand the Western Blot test; the 1st tier ELISA test is virtually useless
- Always receive a copy from your doctor; look at what bands are positive, indeterminate or negative; if one of the bands that is exclusive for Borreliosis is positive or indeterminate (18, 23, 30, 31, 34, 37, 39, 83, 93), this indicates a positive result (but not according to current diagnostic standards).